Thursday, November 16, 2006

Day 2 of CCT – Who wants Sausage?

‘Cause we have a lot of it, Kielbasa, Chorizo, Bratwurst, Breakfast, Boudin Blanc, Hot Italian and Country Style Crepinettes.

Pretty neat getting to use a lot of new equipment. The grinder then the buffalo chopper, which was missing a piece it had a hard time chopping the chunks of chuck let alone a whole buffalo. Then the sausage stuffer, which took 4 people to operate. Oh how I wish I had pictures. See we didn’t have any clamps to secure it to the table, so one person had to really hold it down. For our group that was Johnny, and good thing cause that was hard. Then one person had to hold the casings while the meat was pumped into them, and that was Abbie. Next our sausage stuffer was missing a piece so someone had to put their finger over this hole to keep the meat from squishing out, that was Gabby and finally we had to have someone crank the device to pump the meat and that was me – yes my arms are sore.

This class is so 180 degrees from our last class. I mean I know there are days that can be laid back, but if this class gets any more laid back we’ll end up in last week.

We lost another student so now we are 12. Seems odd when I look back on the very first day.

Tomorrow we begin smoking some of the sausages and cooking up a few others. I sure hope things pick up a bit.

Until Tomorrow!...

2 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your blog. This blog thing is new to me and I am reading great and interesting things on my friends blog. I might start one of my own. How do you install pictures on your blog?

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Hi Gloria and thank you :)

I use a program called Picasa by Google to upload pictures to my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home