Friday, November 17, 2006

Day 3 of CCT – I’m going to explode!

No one person should ever eat as much sausage as I did tonight.

Let me further add that along with not eating as much sausage as I did last night I should have also not eaten 2 pieces of chocolate cake from the other class.

Let me further add to that of not then going home and having a vodka gimlet and a bag of potato chips.

**whimpers and looks for the pepto bismol**

So all that sausage we made up the day before got cooked off tonight. We smoked the kielbasa, poached the brats in beer and then finished them off on the grill. Others were sautéed and poached in other liquids. Then we made a sausage board (just typing the word sausage is making me nauseous) of all the sausages with various mustards, grilled onions and peppers, a few pickles and some bread.

We may have lost another student. She was out on Wednesday and last night and we were told will not be there on Friday so she’s 3 days down. Supposedly after 3 days you’re dropped, but we’ve seen that change so will wait till Monday and find out.

This class has a whole different dynamic to it. We’re not able to work with the people we want to. Chef breaks us into the groups he wants. So for the musketeers it’s hard because we want to work together and can’t. I am positive that our previous chef’s and our current chef had a long powwow about who’s who in the class and who works and who doesn’t or who needs more help. Thus our chef has put a strong student in each group. I can work with just about anyone, you find their strengths and expand upon that. You have to accept people for who they are. If they don’t work like you do, you have to let it go and find out how to get them work within the parameters you set. Some get very frustrated with others, this is probably just due to lack of experience working with a wide variety of personalities. I also have years of managerial experience so I use that to my advantage.

There is a song called Accentuate the Positive by Johnny Mercer and the lyrics are perfect –

You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
And latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between

At least the sausage fest is complete. Now we’re off to make salads, appetizers and sandwiches.

Until Tomorrow!...

1 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My tummy ached just from reading your post. I hope you recovered from all the sausage!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home