Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Day 12 of CCT – Pass the Cheese!

Well tonight marked our last night of CCT. Next up is 3 days of finals. (oh joy) We tasted so many different types of cheese. Some were just delicious and others made you want to hurl on the spot. There was one cheese and for the life of me I cannot remember the name, but if I do I will be sure to append this blog and give the warning to all, that, the Chef’s comment was ‘If you can get past the smell …’ however he did not say “you’ll love the flavor” he just waited and watched. As he waited and watched he had this inner smirk that was just bubbling to come out. But lo! We have our first victim and by then everyone had put the sample into their mouth and never in your life have you seen 11 grown adults try and spit into a trash can as fast as they did. It tasted as bad, if not worse, than the smell. Very ammonia-y. If there truly are those that enjoy this cheese, they probably need to have to their tongues scraped because they are not tasting this like we do.

Then we had to make a cheese plate as if we were making it for a party of 2. Easy enough. He wanted variety of soft cheese, medium and hard along with some of the traditional accompaniments. So I got out a plate and grabbed some cheese, dates, figs, pears etc and just arranged them. But then I got out the wooden board to make my formal presentation. I was amazed at how many presented their cheese platter on the actual dinner plate.

After that we didn’t do much else. We did get to go over to APCA for their dinner presentation. I got to enjoy a nice bowl of Lobster Bisque. They also served sweetmeats, which I will admit I was hesitant, but ended up really enjoying them. Rabbit was also on the menu but I didn’t see any of it ready by the time we headed back to class.

The rest of the evening was spent reviewing notes. We have finals starting Monday, with individual courses being the first day. Day 2 and 3 of testing is Team Prep and Team Presentation, respectively.

Little concerned about what the teams will be like. Because when your grade is on the line you want things done right. If I do get some of the slackers in my group I’ll have no hesitation about taking the reins and dictating who will do what.

Until then!....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home