Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Bread Pudding

Ok so this is my own adaptation of a savory bread pudding. I made 4 individual bread puddings. The flavor was just wonderful! I took 2 of them over to my neighbors. She is one of my best critics. The craisins added a really nice sweetness to the dish. I used Rice Milk because I don't do well with milk products. It's why this take about an extra 20-30 minutes to bake properly. Also the celery leaves was so much better than the parsley I had initially planned to used. Really kept up with the flavor profile I was going for.

Turkey Sausage Bread Pudding
4 Eggs
2 Cups rice milk
1 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp ground sage
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
5-6 cups stale bread or left over rolls from thanksgiving torn into chunks.
1/2 cup left over dressing
1 lb hot turkey sausage
1/2 cup craisins
1/4 cup chopped celery leaves
1/4 cup small diced celery

Combine first 6 ingredients and mix well. Add the rolls and left over dressing and mix well. Put back into fridge. Let the rolls absorb the milk/egg mixture for at least 30 minutes. Remove casing (if any) from turkey
sausage and cook. Cut each sausage in half lengthwise and cut into 1/4 slices. Add to milk/roll mixture along with the craisin and celery/leaves.
Butter 4 10oz ramkins. Fill each one and place on cookie sheet. Place into a preheated 350 degree oven, on a rack placed in the middle of the oven. Bake for 30 minutes then rotate pan and bake for another 20-30
minutes. Remove from oven. Tops should be puffed up and nicely browned. Allow to cool for at least 15-20 minutes.
Serve warm
Before Baking



After Baking

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home