Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Day 13 of CCT – First Day of Finals

I wasn’t too concerned about today. I had fun making all the food the first time around so the second time was just as entertaining.

I still have a huge problem when the Chef says ‘NO TALKING’ and even writes it out on the white board. I sense he did that just for me. I don’t talk to fellow students during the testing, wouldn’t want to get them into trouble. But I always talk to myself..outloud…where others can hear. Bad habit. Oh lord my lips are moving as I type this. I need help.

So tonight we made Composed Cobb Salad with Roquefort dressing, Caesar Salad, Croque Monsieur with Frisee Salad, Cheese Platter and an Oyster Presentation. Pretty light night. The longest thing to actually prepare is the Cobb salad as you have to boil your eggs, cook your bacon and chicken. You think… hey whip out 3 pans and knock it out. Not so easy, we have 1 burner. It’s like a French cook top. So you can only cook one item at a time. We probably could have pulled out more cook tops, but space is limited. All in all it worked out fine.

It never ceases to amaze me how much I enjoy doing all this. Yes the drive is tedious and with traffic or construction it’s down right brutal, but I still love it. I wish I could load up video of our class and our instructor(s). It would make a better reality TV show than Hell’s Kitchen.

All is presented and we started to clean up. By we I meant the 4 of us who finished. Yes the usual 4. Carey, Eddie, Lynndy and myself. So we kept cleaning until Chef said we could stop and those of us whose stations were clean and all dishes complete could leave. It’s 9:30!! HHmm should I point that out? NO! We gather our things and leave….it’s 9:30!!! I will actually get home in time to see my family before they all head off to bed. What a treat.

Tomorrow we have our written test and start our prep work for our team presentations. I have double trepidation. 1 – I hate taking tests, and 2 – Don’t know who my team is yet.

Let’s us all think good Mojo!

Until Tomorrow!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home